My trick: Use the e-brake to slow down at that point.

Oh yeah, I'm very familiar with that trick, and in fact, that's what I did. My mistake was that I e-braked gently to 65 instead of slamming full on the brakes and slowing to 55. I allowed him to clock me at 65, thinking, "He won't write me for 65". Well, he did. He knew I'd slowed to 65 from something higher than 65, and attempted to get me to admit to what speed I was going. I admitted nothing, and simply said, "I didn't think I was going that fast." So he wrote me for what he clocked me.

If I'd done the exact same actions except chosen to slow to 55 instead of 65, it would have been different: He would have pulled me over and tried to get me to admit my speed. But without a solid clocking on me, he would have been forced to either let me off with a warning, or take his chances that I'd challenge the ticket. I think this particular guy was smart and wouldn't have written me without an ironclad clocking.

Oh by the way, another advantage of using the e-brake (besides the lack of tail lights) is that your car doesn't "nose dive". Dead giveaway.

Kids don't try this at home: You should never do the e-brake trick in a panic. It should only be done gently. If you lock up the rear wheels, you could spin the car. Not a good thing.