Sorry about that, I guess I expected that the first few people who tried this out would be a little more experienced with program installations. This is the problem with having no easy install mechanism...

Okay. There are two files. One ends with .BAT and one ends with .FTP. The .BAT file has a line which says "cd /usr/local/bin" You need to have a directory somewhere on your empeg where you want this program to live. In my example, that place is /usr/local/bin, but there is no one place on the empeg where everyone's programs live, so I had to have users edit their own script.

The FTP file has an IP address in it, 192.168.0.1. Your empeg's IP address is probably different, so you need to open the FTP file in notepad and change that address to your IP empeg's address. Your IP address is in the "About" menu on the player, a few lines down.

Once you do these two steps, you just need to double-click the install-emphatic.bat file, and it *should* put the program on your player. The thing is, now that it's there, you need a mechanism to run it.

Recent version of the Hijack kernel (I'm assuming you have that installed) have a mechanism for launching programs. That mechanism is to add a line as I mentioned in the readme:

;@EXEC /usr/local/bin/emphatic

This tells Hijack to start up the program when your player starts up. I cannot write an install to automate this part.

Does this help? Or is it more technical jargon? Installing these apps is not an easy task, I tried to make it easy, but I guess I failed.