Originally Posted By: msaeger
I got a new device the Samsung Exhibit II on t-mobile now I can see why so many people root and install custom roms on these things. This phone came with so much crap on it there were about five screens worth! This thing even had bookmarks it wouldn't let me delete. So far I have rooted it and used Titanium backup pro to freeze a lot of the junk.

Another thing that is annoying is it seems to have different apps for messaging and calendar than the stock ones. This has Gingerbread does anyone have screen shots of what the stock messaging and calendar should look like? These look way different than what my old phone with 2.2 had and I don't really like them.

I'll try to get a shot of it. You might be out of luck unless you put Cyanogen on there. That would be my suggestion if you've already rooted it (that's the hard part, IMO).

Originally Posted By: DWallach
Semi-non-sequitur:

I'd been using My Cast Lite as the thing that told me the weather. Under ICS, it didn't really work any more. It wasn't particularly reliable on my old phone, either.

I've now switched to BeWeather. It's a bit heavy on the eye candy, but it does everything I want.

I just tried an app called 1Weather. Give it a try. It's attractive without going overboard, has really informative 2x2 widgets, and a "feels like" temperature notification.