Originally Posted By: drakino

To be somewhat blunt, it sounds like you bought the wrong product. Apple does continue to sell laptops that have USB, support Flash, expose the file system, and allow any 3rd party application. Including one that is just slightly larger and heavier then an iPad. I personally don't see Apple ever meeting your demands for the iPad. Neither do I see Ford meeting my demands that a Focus be able to haul a 2 ton trailer smile
I understand what you are saying, but I don't think I've bought the wrong device. I don't want a Macbook Air. I like the tablet form factor. Don't get me wrong: I think the iPad is a good product. I use it on a daily basis and most of the time it does what I want it to do. it's just that I believe that without those points I've listed up, It'll never be a *great* product, not for me anyway. And I think that's a shame because it's not a matter of technology, because the technology is certainly there, it's just a lack of will. One last important gripe I've got with the iPad that I can't believe I've forgot to add to my initial list, is the fact that it only plays VERY few video and audio file formats, and there's no way of expanding those by adding a codec pack or something. (not to my knowledge anyway).

Having this option would be great, because without it, this means I cannot play 90% or more of the attachments that are sent to me by email. My dad has got a Samsung Galaxy tab and this device plays everything. My dad loves it and doesn't even use his laptop anymore now. He uses his Tab for everything. I can't do that with my iPad. (granted, the Tab has other issues, malnly speed, but nothing too bad). Because my iPad only plays H264 and a few other formats, it means I also cannot stream most movies or clips I've got on my desktop. Instead, I'm forced to use some app like VLC streamer which does work (it transcodes the files), but is very slow, brings artefacts to the files (especially with higher reolutions - and it doesn't matter if I'm sitting right next to my router or not) and it's almost impossible to fast forward or rewind the files... In short: a pain. I really wished Apple would address a few of my 'issues'.