Originally Posted By: Dignan
Tom, has Verizon confirmed that the free hotspot feature will be free in the long run? In the past, they've offered free hotspot capability on their phones for an unspecified promotional period. I don't want you to get bitten later on.

My preference is to get the hotspot in my phone, and not have to worry about multiple contracts or pay more initially for the device.

Thanks for the heads up. As far as I know, they are not saying its a limited time promotion. And I believe Apple does enforce that iPad plans must be month to month (for the US at least). I'll read through the agreement when the iPad comes in, as all the account setup is handled directly on the data enabled iPads. If something does look strange, Apple has a no questions return/exchange policy, so I can always go that route if needed.

The hotspot feature for me will be useful due to the month to month, as it will let me use the higher LTE speeds if I'm traveling. With a much larger battery, it will last longer then my phone acting as the hotspot.

Originally Posted By: Tim
Edit: On that note, which GPS Turn-By-Turn app would you folks vote as the best?

I've been happy with Motion-X. It's one where maps are downloaded vs having them all, so you do need data. However, it can cache the full route ahead of time over Wifi if you want. I think they are down to $10 a year for traffic and voice guided navigation.