I've had my Lingo service for a few days now (still using a temporary number) and I'm really impressed with it. Calls are crystal clear. Faxes work great (had to throttle down the start speed of the faxes to 14kps). I've sent faxes to local numbers and an office 3 time zones away. Groovy. No faxing would have been a deal breaker for me.

I plugged the adapter between my cable modem and my router and had a dial tone within a few minutes. You can hook it into your LAN too, but I wanted to let the adapter grab bandwidth whenever it needed it so that my calls wouldn't have dropouts. Even with this setup, my ping on my favorite Desert Combat server went from a 26 to only a 38.

I still can't believe that I can get unlimited local and long distance calls to the US (PR and USVI included) plus Canada and Western Europe (Europe does not include cell phone calls) for $19.99 a month! Even after taxes, it'll be under $25 a month. Sweet. Having the first month free is cool too because I wasn't afraid to try it out first.

If anyone wants to try it out and get an additional $25 credit after 90 days, I set up a little site. Yeah, I'm fishing for referrals because I get $25 too, but I had to Google "lingo referrals" to find some guy I never heard of just so I could get the deal. So at least my page has some info on the service!

The only thing I'm mad about is that I didn't try this earlier. I guess I missed out on the "buggy" phase huh? It's just kinda weird how I personally hate talking on the phone but I can still manage to be excited about this! lol

EDIT: Lingo includes unlimited calls to cell phones in Canada too...

Edited by SE_Sport_Driver (02/03/2005 20:26)