"But every time a new Star Wars film comes out, I'm 12 all over again..."

Good call.

Truth is, I liked EP1 and I loved EP2. I agree the acting wasn't great, but I don't care. The acting was terrible in the original movies but I don't watch them for the acting. If we had great acting the movies wouldn't feel like Star Wars!

I had more fun watching these last two movies than most movies I have seen in the last few years (that had better plots and better acting), and that’s why I go to see them. I must have seen EP4 twenty times, and I don't think I ever once watched it once for believability, acting, or social commentary.

Although I'm not the first to say it, all of us who grew up with Star Wars take the thing way to seriously, and it was never meant for that.

All this being said, LOTR is a book that is more than just fun and the bar is much higher for a movie made in its tradition. Fortunately (in my opinion, though many disagree), I think they succeeded very well in this and I am more excited about the "Two Towers" that I have ever been about a Star Wars movie.