True, it is all personal taste. I don't think either of us are knocking any particular type of "approach" to cars. But we are defending some Japanese or European approaches. Personally, I'm a car guy. I think everything from Mini's to dumptrucks are cool. While raw power is fun (and scarey fast!) a refinded handleing machine with modern features like powered mirrors is nice too. That's why they sell cars like the SVT Contour or the Mustang SVE. They won't knock your socks off at the strip, but they will put a smile on your face on a twisty road course.

The funnest cars that I've driven in were both V8's. A replica AC Cobra and a 328 GTS Ferarri. The Ferarri was actually slow, but damn did that thing turn!

BTW: $500 in mods to an Eclipse will get you far. Since it is turbo, all you really have to do is bump the boost up. Some Eclipses are AWD too, so while the RWD V8 is spinning its tires, the Eclipse actually launches. In the 1/4 mile, an AWD turbo'd 4cyl can win against these V8 monsters because anyone can add power - but adding grip is a whole other story. Yet, once that 1/4 mile is over, the V8 is hot on its tail because the V8 has "longer legs" and the Eclipse will soon be in the dust.