I'm not talking about Honda Civics with 6" exhaust tips here. Now before we get too far, besides the exotics, please explain what you mean by European sports car - just so I know we are talking about the same thing. Because I can't find an example of any American sports car that is similar to a European sports car. The Asian cars are far more similar in their approach to cars than US automakers. To me, that sounds more like a bias based on geographic data more than anything else.

Why don't any US automakers make any AWD cars? Explain to my why a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX with $500 spent on it can blowaway a Viper at the strip?

The new Vette and the Viper are the only nice "big block" US cars out there, but comparing them to cars that cost 1/4 of the price is silly. But what is funnier are the Mustangs (riding on a chasis from 1979 or earlier if you count the Fairmont) and F-Body's. But I don't even knock those cars. They are just a differant approach to performance (an antiquated one at that). But for anyone to say that there are no Japanese sports cars is misinformed at best.

Look up spec's on the Subaru WRX STi or the Mitusbishi Lancer EVO-VII.

This is all coming from a person who works for GM and grew up in the birthplace of Ford (and worked there for 3 years.)