OK, I don't mean to toot my own horn (or my car's rather! ), but I know more specs about my car than other imports. I am very much a "Ford" guy but didn't use my discount (or my GM discount) to buy a car because there was simply nothing offered by a US maker. BUT, how can my WRX which can get a 5.6 second 0-60 STOCK (albiet with some abuse to the clutch) be considered not fast? And I have AWD so I can have fun in the rain and snow? Why are Brit's illegally importing Japanese spec versions of this car?

We are not comparing 60's and 70's technology to new cars. Those cars STILL can't do much besides go in a straight line. No matter how much I love a Mustang GT350, it will slide off the road while I stick (even in the rain) while getting 30mpg, with adjustable seats, AC, power everything and a full warranty (for under $25K). I can take my car to work everyday (compared to my co-worker who owns a beautiful 71 Camaro but needs to get a ride to work most of the time because it wont start).

But again, I am not knocking "hot rods". I think they are a classic approach to performance. They have their place (nothing can do the same to me as the roar of a good V8). But really, the Japanese cars are more potent that you think. They are JUST starting to trickle into the US (the EVO7 is coming soon and the Holden is coming soon too - as a Pontaic GTO!).