Originally Posted By: hybrid8
As far as TV goes, I'm looking forward to season 2 of True Blood in a few weeks. Seems like the premium cable channels are where you'll find the TV that gets so easily cancelled elsewhere. Plus a little T&A which doesn't hurt anyone either. wink

I watched True Blood, and will probably watch season 2, but I don't see what everyone's raving about. It's not that great a show. Maybe the acting just doesn't do it for me. Anna Paquin is terrible, IMO.

Quote:
I'm sure if Weeds or Dexter had been on network TV, both would have been cancelled long ago.

Dexter has been on network TV. I believe it was the first cable TV show to get re-aired in primetime. My wife and I watched a few episodes, and frankly we were astonished at how well it held up with the cuts that were made. We saw no problems, and it was easily the best dubbing I've ever seen, particularly given how much Deb cursed in season one smile

I know that's not really what you meant, but I think it's interesting that the show has worked on a network.

Besides, there are plenty of shows on premium cable that get canceled early. Carnivale is easily one of my 5 favorite shows of all time, but that got the axe after season two. Deadwood seemed to be pretty popular, but that also got two seasons.