Yeah, My Name is Earl had a disappointing finish last season. Not sure how much was due to the writer's strike.

Quote:
If it is all about the gore though, I probably won't watch it, I deal enough with that at work.

I never said it was "all about the gore." I was just surprised that it had it. I thought the effects they used were excellent. The only thing that concerns me in that regard is that apparently the pilot cost $10 million, and I'm certain most of that went to the special effects budget (but was well used). I just worry how future episodes will hold up. It's a little disingenuous to present the show like they did if they can't follow up.

Quote:
I wanted to watch Fringe, but I think I forgot to add it to the playlist.

I believe they're re-airing it this Sunday. Smart move on their part.

Originally Posted By: tonyc
Originally Posted By: Tim
My only question... what in the hell were they thinking when they put on that Hole in the Wall show or whatever it is? The commercials for it made me question the sanity in the country if that is the kind of thing that passes for entertainment.

It's just the next step in our long descent into oblivion.

Really? I mean, it's certainly not something I'm going to watch, but I definitely don't find it as offensive as you guys do. As far as the current trend of reality/game show premises go, I think it's the best one I've seen in years. Hell, I'm most thankful for the fact that it's delaying the next season of "To Tell the Truth," which is probably the worst premise I've ever seen for any show ever. That's one that disgusts me. A show where people get into poses so a wall doesn't knock them in the water? What's wrong with that?

Oh, and according to the article I read, it did come from Japan, although the Youtube video I found was of a British version.