Originally Posted By: wfaulk
It would be great if TV show creators would do the same thing. I'm not suggesting they have someone narrate the plot at the end of the last episode, but posting a summary online would be excellent.

Wow, Bitt, I've often had the exact same idea. Sometimes that actually happens, too! For example, I watched all the aired episodes of the failed Nathan Fillion show Drive. It honestly wasn't a great show but he was fantastic in it (of course! when is he not?), and the story was somewhat compelling. After the show was canceled, the creator didn't exactly give the entire wrap-up, but he did give away most of the coming surprises that they would have slowly revealed throughout the series.

But that's an excellent point you make. It's clear that in this country, the networks are not going to care enough about us to do this, and it's not any effort for a show's creator to write up something and put it online.

I don't really consider Buffy as an example of this, though. I thought that show wrapped up pretty neatly, and ended before it dragged on too long. 7 seasons is a long time for a show to run, and I can't think of any off the top of my head that have run successfully longer than that (and I don't mean commercial success). I think Angel is a better example. I think that show had more story to tell. The comic is pretty good too (though sometimes I hate the art).