Originally Posted By: hybrid8
Originally Posted By: andy
I've enjoyed Reaper, but it is kind of hard to see where they'd take it further anyway. It has all got a bit samey.

I've found that season two has not been repetitive at all. In fact it's become quite serialized and the main plot of each episode has nothing to do with capturing an escaped soul.

I was thinking the same thing. I finally watched the finale, and I think an entire 3 minutes was spent on actually capturing the escaped soul.

I thought the show had a lot going for it this season, and was really starting to enjoy it again. The primary problem I had with the show was actually Sam. The character (or maybe it's just the actor) has always been so whinny and complaintive that it was getting hard to cheer for him most of the time. I think that's why the show depends so heavily on Sock and Ben, to take some of the focus off Sam. This season, though, I thought they made him a little better about all that.

I was also hoping the thing between Nina's friend and Sock would get explored more. I liked that someone was matching up with Sock.

But the bottom line is: once more, we as fans (those of us who are fans of Reaper) have put all this time and energy into watching CW's show, put up with one of the longer TV show breaks in recent memory (I think they might have beaten BSG), and we've put up with those ridiculous screen bugs for other shows on the CW that had nothing to do with Reaper (they were always for 90210 and Gossip Girl, I don't think I ever saw one for Supernatural). After all this, we now have to hope that the show gets picked up in order to find out what happens?

Like I've said before, all I'd like is a few shows to wrap up the plot, or at least something from the show runners. I'd take a poorly-drawn comic book smile

I want closure, damnit! smile