I've just bought a Sony VAIO BX197XP and it is a bit quirky. It doesn't have dedicated Home, End, Page Up and Page Down keys for one. You have to use Fn and the arrow keys to generate those keycodes which is odd considering this is supposed to be a business laptop. There is plenty of room around the edges of the keyboard to fit the keys in as well so it isn't due to lack of room. Does anybody else have a laptop that has missing keys?

I've remapped the context menu and right ctrl keys to act as Page Up and Page Down as I use them quite often. Not sure what I'll do wit the Home nad End keys. Might just have to learn to live with it as I can't really identify that many other spare keys to take over.

The fan hardly ever turns off as well but I talked to a friend who has a similar laptop and he said also that the fan on his is pretty much always on. I got the laptop yesterday and the fan was on the whole time I used it. It was only this morning when I powered it up again that the fan stayed off but that was because the room and the laptop were both very cold.

Apart from that, it appears to be quite a nice laptop. Excellent screen and the rest of the specs are good. Both HDs are easily accessible from the bottom via a large panel so no worries on changing those.