Quote:
Check the normal Windows power management control panel. On my Sony, it has to have a "scheme" selected that tells it to use the Sony utility's settings.

Tried that, but no good. Using the IBM "power manager", I made a new profile that had everything set just so. I then flipped back to the Microsoft "power options" and it was set to my profile (with the new name that I used in the IBM dialog box). Still, the screen brightness isn't doing what I want. The screen *is* dimming, but not down to the low-level that I want.

Hmm...

EDIT: if you go to the "Access IBM" screen and selct "Manage Your Display -> LCD display settings", it offers you "Brightness when running on batteries", for which you choices are "normal" or "high", as opposed to the 0-7 available elsewhere. Now, if there were only some way to override this thing.

Also, back to the SharpKeys references, from earlier in this thread. So far as I can tell, the web browser back and forward buttons are magic. They don't generate normal keycodes that SharpKeys can latch onto. However, I can at least turn my caps lock into a control key...