I got my two new X1's at work and got to play with one for a short while. Wow, it is very light (2.5 lbs?) and quite compact. It wasn't running your fully loaded specs, but I can still make some general observations about it:

The left and right track pad buttons take some getting used to. I kept tapping the track pad because they are so thin.

The words on the screen at the default resolution are pretty hard to read. You'd be quite hunched over while working on it.

Not much connectivity. No PCMCIA, only SD and CF. No PS/2, only one USB and a questionable kind of USB. But, bluetooth and WiFi work.

The DVD and floppy use an external drive bay with some crazy USB+proprietary connector. The bay adds bulk and is one more thing to worry about.

The keyboard is nice. The screen doesn't latch shut. It doesn't run too hot. It seems pretty darn fast for being 1.1ghz Pentium M. It did the Office 2003 install in no time.

That's about all I can think of. Nice little laptop. Too bad about no PCMCIA though; not sure how I'll get cellular internet (for remote places where WiFi is not available). Maybe using a cell phone as a modem.