My absolute top wishlist is:
  1. Don't add any new unstable and destabilising features! I like it to work
That said, a number of lesser wishes transpire up to my conscious layer:
  • Write something useful to the window titles when transferring - apps such as xcdroast have the %-complete at the beginning of the title, so that when the window is offscreen, you can still get an idea of progress from a pager, task bar or other window list. At present, some of JEmplode's windows have no title at all.
  • Get the "Total" progress bar correct on download. I tried download for the first time just now, and the total progress was stuck at 0% until the first track finished, then went to 100% for the remainder.
  • Correctly set ctime on new playlists. At present, ctime is set on tracks, but not playlists. This makes it hard to find recently-created playlists.
  • Animation editor would benefit from an option to upload the last frame as the static logo, as this is a common requirement. It would also be nice to override the frame count limit (with appropriate dire warning, of course). As I've mentioned elsewhere, I have a long animation that plays as TTS Clock starts, but I re-use lots of frames to keep the total size low. JEmplode limits the total framelist rather than the distinct frame count - these are two different maxima, for two different reasons. I can have a long (time) animation, but I still don't want to tread on the kernel.
  • Separate "remote control" utility (perhaps also usable on its own?) to send player commands. At the moment we have play/pause on the toolbar, with three out of the four possibilities for playing FIDs; it would be nice to have some of the other commands there (particularly for those of us with dead remotes...) Are the usable commands the same as those available on the serial console?