I agree.... Welfare is different than Disability in my book. I have no qualms helping those that CANNOT work as opposed to those that WILL not.

Unfortunately, even THAT is not covered under the constitution.

http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.table.html.

As to the abortion deal, I agree, medical complications are a different scenario. If the choice is the mothers life or the baby, well then, a choice has to be made. The same can be said of some siamese twins. There are cases when leaving them attached would be deadly to both, but removing one would allow the other to live. Who gets to make that decision? Or should we at all? I for one am not even close to wanting to touch that one.

Take it a step farther. Debilitating diseases. What do you do with someone who is in so much pain that they WANT to die? Let them? or use all our techie-tools to keep them "alive" as long as we possibly can, at the cost of hundreds of dollars a miserable day? The problem with this decision is that it's a fairly slippery slope and not a far cry from erasing old people who are not in pain, but mentally not there at all. The next logical step is to erase old people who are no longer contributing to society as a whole. I know, this is a stretch, but it has happened before. (Germany, 1941)

Then again, I for one don't want Gov't telling me that I cannot ask for and obtain my own death if I am in agony and there is little to no hope of a recovery..

BTW, I also agree that we can certainy agree to disagree. That's one of the things that makes this country so great. We are all allowed to have any feelings and opinions we like, whether they are popular, or right, or not.