Do you have a way of monitoring free physical RAM during a long USB synch operation on Win2k?

Taskmanager should be able to show this to me as well. I am currently clearing some space off the empeg to put other music on, and should be doing a gig sync here soon. I'll watch (and log) it to see what happens.

I like to call it NT5 anyway, for several reasons

I have to agree with these. Personally, I was wishing for NT 5 back before NT 4 SP3 came out. As far as naming computer programs, it has all gotten out of hand. You have the Solaris 2.6 -> 7 jump. Then theres the Linux version scheme, and MacOS. (8.3.4.2.3.4.5.5.4.4.8). And keep in mind that MS put "Built on NT technology" all over the place.

Only after everyone weeds the old games out of their collections.

I have a 166 system with my Voodoo 2 in the corner for all my old games. I tend to rack up enough old parts to do this every once in a while. As far as DOS compatibility goes, keep in mind 98 is the last MS OS to have it. Windows ME (Yet another horrible name) kills off (Or attempts to) all realmode DOS things. Installing the developer release (MS's worst name for Alpha) on a seperate partiton still made 98's DOS support start acting up.

Also keep in mind the average consumer out there dosen't have the old stack of programs. Most home computer users have bought their first computer just in the past two years, all to join this oh so wonderful internet revolution. (I'm glad we got beyond SLIP before the internet got popular. I'd go insane trying to support it)

My empeg site is:http://24.236.3.131/empeg/