Last night I synced a total of 5 gigs across two sessions. The first was while I was actively using the computer, and the second while I slept. The computer stayed responsive at all times. All the files were coming off the network, and unlike 98 SE, didn't cause any problem for the sync process. Checking task manager, emplode stayed under 10% cpu usage, and about 4 megs of memory usage.

Also, Windows 2000 is the official name for the product. It was NT 5, (I still have the developer release around here somewhere), but MS decided to change it to 2000 to fall in line with a goal of a unified Windows for consumers and businesses, then about two weeks after the name change, MS said it's for business only. I'm guessing it's due to the problems showing up in beta with more consumer type programs and devices. After that though, the programers did a good job of supporting consumer things. They even are releasing an update a month to add complete support for more consumer programs. For February, it's a games update, insuring that they work as they do in 98. (I'm happy as I own several of the games in the update).

Honestly, I think 2000 is perfectly suited for consumers. I've ran it since the pre beta days (But not much as I found way too many show stopper bugs), and ever since Beta 3, it really started to show it's self as an organized mess that works. In the RC stages, things stabilized (No more hunting down that admin tool anymore that didn't make it into the MMC yet), and at that point it was unlike the 9x RC's. The RC's I have seen for 95 and 98 were downright ugly. 2000's RC process was quick, and ensured things worked well. RC2 was the first time I used 2000 as my primary OS, and I have no plans on changing that now. I guess something good does come out of throwing decent programmers at a project for a few years. And keep in mind that services packs 4-6 for NT 4 all exist because of the development team for 2000 fixing problems and backporting fixes.

Sorry to go on about something mostly non-empeg related, but I have a feeling my notes will influence people on the boards to look at upgrading to 2000. And for the time being, it will mean more reliable syncs to the empeg as well for those experiencing problems in 98 SE.

My empeg site is:http://24.236.3.131/empeg/