Originally Posted By: mlord

I imagine that requiring people to strip naked outside the building before entering would reduce robberies by 95%+. Let's do it! smile

Well, Strip-Naked-before-entering policy would not be a valid option by my own example because the benefit would be way smaller than the damage done. Unless you lived in a culture in which nudity has no particular meaning.
The point is how much of your comfort and convenience you want to sacrifice to achieve security to a level which you consider acceptable. Clearly this is to a large extent subjective, but exactly because of that you can't use the reductio ad absurdum approach. Otherwise, by that same token.... Is entering a long-enough password on a website to authenticate, then, and infringement upon one's freedom to enter anywhere I want without wasting my time hitting keys on my keyboard I don't want to hit? Is the convention of saying "hello" an infringement upon my freedom to greet others by yelling instead "I hate you!!!" without them being offended?
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg