If someone is coming to rob a bank wearing a hat, how is a policy going to stop them? Like I said, there's already a no gun, no robbery policy at every bank.

Maybe the next step is that no one with black skin can use that bank? Because you know, in certain locales, perhaps African ethnicities perpetrate most of the robberies. Will these banks ask someone to remove a toupee or a wig? A turban? WIll they make you shave before coming in?

I'm sorry, a hat is not much of a disguise. I've worked on the inside and know the security measures that were employed in the mid-90's company-wide. Having worked at some 20 or so branches in a 50km radius, a number of them that had been previously robbed (all perps were caught).

The bottom line is that it's their property and they can institute whatever policies they want. I don't have a problem with their rights to do this. However, it's my money, my mortgage, my investments, and I can do business with people I don't consider to be idiots. And it doesn't even matter whether I ever wear a hat. It's the principle, and knowing that the institution isn't at all serious about security.

Edited by hybrid8 (09/09/2012 13:28)