Originally Posted By: hybrid8
And is it their bank? No, it's YOUR bank. It's YOUR money. Take it elsewhere.

If they're telling you they don't want you as a customer, why would you stay?
If I were going to Hell next week, I'd sharpen my ice skates first! I'm actually agreeing with Bruno. smile

[rant] I dumped Wells Fargo nearly 15 years ago when they started charging me $6.00 per month for the privilege of having a savings account that paid less than 1% annual interest. I went four blocks further downtown to a small, locally-owned and managed bank, where they told me that a lot of people had left Wells Fargo and come to them.

I have a relationship with them such that I can pick up the phone and call Patty, a senior vice president of the bank, and ask her to wire transfer $10,000 to my account in Mexico, and she'll have it done within the hour. Or, I can email the request to her and it'll be done by the next morning. In 15 years with that bank, I have not paid a single penny for any kind of service charge, and that includes cashiers checks, regular checks, wire transfers, overdraft protection, you name it. On several occasions I have transferred money from my account to my wife's Wells Fargo account, and rather than do an electronic transfer for which Wells Fargo will charge a hefty fee to receive the money, my bank writes a cashiers check and hand-carries it over to Wells Fargo for deposit. It wouldn't surprise me if Wells Fargo changed their telephones to 1-900 numbers so they could get a service fee every time you called them. I'm surprised they haven't put turnstiles at the door to the lobby so it costs you a quarter to get into the bank.

In case you aren't certain, I am not a fan of Wells Fargo. [/rant]

As far as the idea of no-hats making it harder to rob a bank... that's just plain silly. Do they think robbers stand around in the lobby waiting for the best time to put on their masks and pull out their guns? Robbers come into the bank with faces covered and guns at the ready, and whether or not they are wearing a hat is totally irrelevant.

tanstaafl.