Thanks Mark if that was an offer smile If it comes to that I have a 5 port switch labeled as a hub I can trade too. I didn't know any reason to want a hub over a switch until now this is my first time doing this.

So Bitt are you saying even if I find a hub I wouldn't be able to get both directions with one interface anyway ? If that's the case then I can just use what I have kludged.

I am not really sure if I need to get both directions or not I am trying to help an "engineer" in another state get data to resolve a problem someone is having here in Minnesota. I was sent the link to build the thing on Instructables by them so maybe they don't know what they want either smile A device here is losing a connection seemingly at random with a server in a different state. I am just kind of assuming they would want to capture both ways but maybe it doesn't matter.

I guess I have two interfaces. I was digging more because I swear I had another potential hub (still haven't found it) and I found a USB 10/100 adapter. So maybe I can do something with that.

Matt