Quote:
"Love thy enemies" -Jesus Christ
"Kill the unbelievers" -Muhammad

• He that sacrificeth unto any god, save unto the LORD only, he shall be utterly destroyed. -Exodus 22:20
  • And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear you, when ye depart thence, shake off the dust under your feet for a testimony against them. Verily I say unto you, It shall be more tolerable for Sodom and Gomorrha in the day of judgment, than for that city. -Mark 6:11

• Fight in the way of Allah against those who fight against you, but begin not hostilities. Lo! Allah loveth not aggressors. -Koran 2:190
  • O ye who believe! Be steadfast witnesses for Allah in equity, and let not hatred of any people seduce you that ye deal not justly. Deal justly, that is nearer to your duty. Observe your duty to Allah. Lo! Allah is Informed of what ye do. -Koran 5:8
  • For that cause We decreed for the Children of Israel that whosoever killeth a human being for other than manslaughter or corruption in the earth, it shall be as if he had killed all mankind, and whoso saveth the life of one, it shall be as if he had saved the life of all mankind. Our messengers came unto them of old with clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty), but afterwards lo! many of them became prodigals in the earth. -Koran 5:32
  • The good deed and the evil deed are not alike. Repel the evil deed with one which is better, then lo! he, between whom and thee there was enmity (will become) as though he was a bosom friend. -Koran 41:34
  • And he saith: O my Lord! Lo! these are a folk who believe not. Then bear with them (O Muhammad) and say: Peace. But they will come to know. -Koran 43:88-89
  • Say: O disbelievers! I worship not that which ye worship; Nor worship ye that which I worship. And I shall not worship that which ye worship. Nor will ye worship that which I worship. Unto you your religion, and unto me my religion. -Koran 109:1-6

Note that I don't intend to imply that your paraphrases don't exist in those books, but, rather, that both books are equally schizophrenic.

Edited by wfaulk (25/11/2006 03:12)