Pretty sad really. It just proves how the system revolves around being reelected instead of actually doing a good job. Now that it is very clear the American people are finally putting the war at the top of their dislike lists, the republicans are scrambling to try and appeal to those people so that they can reclaim the congress later, and try to push a republican president in 2008. It's a shame this change in priorities for the voters didn't happen in 2004. I'd personally never vote for any of these congressmen again if they are suddenly "flip-flopping" now, instead of standing their ground years ago. "Sorry, we needed a unified party" isn't a great excuse for the lack of a backbone, or to the soldiers and civilians dead in Iraq. Sadly I think most people won't research the decisions of their representatives enough come the next elections to prevent this from happening again. And who knows what it will take to regain any of the civil liberties that have been lost these past 6 years, also made under this "front of unity".

I really hope that the people who are strong supporters of any political party rethink their votes from time to time. It's quite clear the republicans in power now aren't the same ones that promised things like the Contract with America and other conservative values. Repeatedly voting for the same party when it has dramatically changed and broken promises isn't going to fix anything.