Overall, I'm pretty happy with Heroes. It didn't occur to me that the neighbor was a plant. I agree that Mohinder's behavior is a bit weak, but his character has gone through an awful lot. I enjoy the pace and all the chance encounters between the characters, but I have many friends who find the pacing to be slow and painful. The ultimate contrast is between Heroes and something like the X-Men movies, where all these mutants are introduced, used once in the plot for their mutant power, and are then promptly killed off or ignored thereafter.

I'm particularly enjoying the confusion over who, exactly, Horned-Rim Glasses Man really is and how he fits into the picture. I'm also quite curious how the whole good/evil Niki thing will play out. Unlike X-Files, it appears that there really is a larger plot here and that the writers are actually going somewhere with it. Time travel / prophetic visions of the future are always touchy in science fiction. If you're a fan of Babylon 5 or other JMS projects, you know that he tends to use these sorts of plot devices very sparingly, and that prophets have a habit of getting killed off quickly. It's interesting to see prophets having a larger role in the plot.