Quote:
a planet that gets obliterated, which happens a lot more often in other areas on the galaxy

Maybe I missed something, but we've only just very recently, like within the last five years, started finding planets surrounding other stars, and even then, in most cases, it's just inference from stars wobbling, implying a planet circling them, or a momentary dimness of a star for which the existence of a planet seems an apt explanation. I'm not sure we've ever gotten a picture of another planet, but I want to say we have and it was little more than a dot.

What evidence is there of other planets being "obliterated".

Even if you look at other planets not being able to support humans, there are a number of different species on this planet that cannot survive in the same environments, from needing an oxygen-rich atmosphere (mammals, birds, reptiles, etc.), to needing an oxygen-rich body of water (fish, molluscs), to needing a carbon-dioxide-rich atmosphere or body of water (plants, algaes), to needing hydrogen-sulfide-rich bodies of water (green sulfur bacteria, alvinellids). Other "extremophiles" exist as well.