Quote:
I can abide by a scientific discussion of the failings of evolution, and they do exist,

Just want to take a moment to point out: our current theories of biological evolution could (hypothetically) be suddenly and disastrously proven false, and that would still not be a proof of ID. Knocking one theory down doesn't automatically prove a competing theory. Science isn't a boxing match.

We need some sort of evidence other than "it's too complex for us to understand". A statement like that just makes scientists want to do more work to learn the bits we don't understand yet. In order to actually do serious science with ID as a theory, we need something specific. Something we can test and try to falsify. How EXACTLY do we check to see if God's keeping the ace on top?

Surely, if the ID people are seriously doing SCIENCE, they've got something testable and falsifiable to offer up. In all the discussions of ID, I have yet to see an example of one simple testable hypothesis. Admittedly, I haven't read the "Pandas" book. Does it contain anything like that? I'd be interested in knowing.