Quote:
Science tells us that we exist in one of the most ideal planets in the galaxy, universe, and solar system. Science tells us that the laws of physics that govern us are perfecly suited to support life.

Based on the context of the way you made this statement, I'm taking it that this is one of the arguments in favor of ID?

It's funny, because this very concept is one of the ideas that, when I was very young, gave me the epiphany as to precisely how we could have evolved without a creator. The exact opposite of the intent of the argument.

I've mentioned this before on the BBS, but I'll repeat it for the sake of this thread. The idea goes like this:

- In order for us to have evolved, we'd have to be astronomically lucky, in terms of location, timing, and chemistry.
- Shouldn't this make us assume we were deliberately created?
- No. It simply means that the 'verse is a big place.
- Anyplace else, and we wouldn't have evolved the way we did.
- Because of the location, we evolved brains that allow us to sit here and contemplate our own existence.

Here's the other way of looking at it: The man holding the winning lottery ticket would be a fool to throw away the ticket because he thinks he couldn't have won by chance or because he thought the game was rigged.