Yeah, "people" is a plural, however just to throw another log on the grammar fire he's using a possessive form of people, not a plural form. If he dropped the possessive, he'd be saying how his empeg crashes more than other people [implying that people crash]. His apostrophe may be mispositioned, but his intent was good

Sorry, the freelance writer in me comes out at the strangest times

To add my two cents on stability, I have been using the v3 branch since the beginning, upgrading to pretty much each release (I skipped a few here and there) and have the occasional stability problem. Lately I've been getting a lot of sigkill errors, but once I get off my butt and send my empeg to the Eutronix guys for a memory upgrade I'm hoping that will end.

My usage pattern? Around 7500 songs or so, high concentration of Ogg format, quality 5 to quality 6 (VBR). Mishmash of mp3's encoded with various settings, mainly LAME --alt-preset-standard except when I was in my experimental phase. Have quite a few CBR 160's as well. I bounce all over the place on my playlists and play up and down my collection. Used the tuner a lot until I got my new headunit, now I just use the empeg as an aux.

I never use emplode. First off, I don't have a windows machine... second off jEmplode does the trick mainly. I'm using 69.0...1 although it drives me nuts with the "one sync per run" bug. I occasionally get hangs when synching. I synch new music frequently, generally once (sometimes twice) a week.

I too would not ever go back to v2. First, I'd be screwed without the ogg support. Second, I have gotten pretty spoiled to the newer look and the newer features.

Oh, I use hijack also (413 currently but I think I need to upgrade).

-- Gary F.
Eeyore, Original Owner -- Mk II 80 Gb, Blue S/N #090000803 Tigger, 2nd Owner -- Mk IIa, 80 Gb, Blue S/N #40103789