This alpha stability thing has been very interesting to me. I've been on v3a8 since its release, and v3a7 before that, and I get reboots once in a blue moon. I think I've had five total spontaneous reboots in more than a year of running the recent alphas. I haven't touched the newer ones yet, partly because they don't add much that I'm interested in (if it ain't broke...) and partly because I'm empegless in my car.

But I just find it very interesting that a lot of people have problems with the alphas and I never have. I wonder what's different about our usage pattern. My collection is in the 7,000 range, I run several third party apps, etc. All my tracks are LAME-encoded mp3s of varying bitrates, most recent ones are preset standard. I have a tuner and use it frequently (or did when it was in my car) but don't make use of any kind of RDS functionality.

Any patterns to the reboots? Certain activities bring them out more than others? Just grasping at straws here, I find it hard to believe something about my empeg unit makes it crash less than other peoples'.