Quote:
Quote:
If I make the multicolor buttons can you add a little version of Simon says to Hijack?

How are you going to connect it to the empeg?

I've been giving that some thought and think the IRDA port should work. Ether via IR or soldering directly to the board. (in each case the user can configure the LED controller externally until it's supported by empeg control). I'm open to other ideas for interfacing to the empeg

I've seen reference that the serial irda port in the empeg will do 115.2 Kbs can it go faster even if the IR transceiver doesn't?

I'm trying to put togeather a protcol for talking to the LED controller and would like some input.

The uC and driver will have 4 PWM outputs and 8 select lines meaning it can control a total of 32 LEDs. That will allow an RGB + UV LED for each button and 4 for the knob, each indipendantly controlable.

The v0.000a0 code spec

Each group of 3 LEDs will be addressed by a 24 bit number, in applications with a UV LED 32bits will be used with the UV LED bits at the most significant end.

address 0 is the button at the 12 o clock position.
address 1 is at 3 o clock
address 2 is at 6 o clock
address 3 is a t 9 o clock
addresses 4 thou 7 correspond to the knob in the same fashion.
address 8 sets addresses locations 0 thou 3 to the same value
address 9 sets addresses locations 4 thou 7 to the same value
address a is the global address for all locations.

there will be 16 user definable quick access memories for user preferred colors or modes.
by default address 0 will be a constant color shifting mode that slowly changes the LED thou all possible colors.

example "AaM1 CR" will set all locations to the color contained in memory 1 the update will not take effect until a carage return is sent.
multiple commands are separated by line feeds.

example "AaM1 line feed A0M0 followed by a CR" this will set all locations but the round button to color 1 and the round button to the color shifter.

the controller will allow external applications to read any memory location, and the current color value from any LED.

to be implemented by an external application
a mode for setting user selected colors with the control knob.

Edited by n2toh (16/03/2006 17:50)