The translucent button effort - in Projects

Posted by: FireFox31

The translucent button effort - in Projects - 19/06/2004 17:48

Since it seems like a few people are interested in the creation of translucent buttons, let's avoid duplicating work amongst ourselves by using the forum.

I've started a few threads over in Projects to avoid crowding this area. There's a thread for each step that we need to worry about so far, to avoid having an Uber thread that's a mess.

If you are interested in a set of translucent buttons, please post here. Let us know how many you want and which colors you'd be interested in. I'm not sure what price we'll decide on, but all that info will evolve in the Projects forum in the "Buttons" threads.

Check it out. If you have any information to share, that'd be a big help. Thanks for your interest!
Posted by: skibum

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 20/06/2004 03:00

I'd like a set. Not sure on what colour.
Posted by: SonicSnoop

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 20/06/2004 04:35

Id be interested in a set - Blue to match my screen.
Posted by: Glen_L

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 20/06/2004 11:07

I'd like a blue set as well.
Posted by: maczrool

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 20/06/2004 12:57

Thanks for your effort. Wish you better luck than we had. If you want, we did develop some graphics to go on the buttons in what was to be a multicolored casting. Let me know if you think these might be useful.

Stu
Posted by: bjoern

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 21/06/2004 01:36

Thanks for your efforts! I'd like a green set, if possible, please.
Posted by: frog51

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 21/06/2004 02:38

Depending on eventual price, I'd go for three sets - a standard blue, a purple, and maybe a set to match the smoke lens.
Posted by: booey

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 21/06/2004 07:46

Id definately want a set in each color that was made

b
Posted by: Skunk

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 21/06/2004 09:39

Count me in.

If possible, a clear set (no color added) and/or a blue set.

Posted by: DeadFire

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 21/06/2004 11:44

I would certainly like a set; possibly several.
Posted by: Major_Sarcasm

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 21/06/2004 12:19

I'd like a blue & a green!
Posted by: Narkotic

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 21/06/2004 16:22

Amber for me please.

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 21/06/2004 16:56

Thanks all. My initial hope is to do five colors; smoke, red, blue, "yellow" (amber?), green. Other colors (like frog51's purple) may come out by accident, so keep your fingers crossed. But if you want other colors, let me know.

Also, if you can reference something that matches the color you want, please let me know. The biggest example for color matching is lenses. For example, I'll try to match green buttons to Filener's green lense. Blue and yellow might have to match Filener's raised translucent blue and rasied yellow.

So, the more specific you are with the color (and what lense you're matching to), the better we can find a happy medium. Thanks.
Posted by: CHiP

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 21/06/2004 23:03

I'll take a green and smoked set, like the lenses from filener.
Posted by: CHiP

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 21/06/2004 23:04

Stu, what happened to your effort? I have not been to the board in a while. Last i checked you were waiting for buttons to be created with just the right color. What happened to them?
Posted by: JrFaust

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 22/06/2004 21:53

I'm wanting 2 sets one red one blue.

Thanks
Rob
Posted by: srhodes

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 23/06/2004 06:04

It's been so long I had to check my original post

I'd like 2 sets please. The more orange out of red or amber (I'm trying to match the needles on the dials of an Alfa Romeo Spider which are quite a bright orange) and smoke like Darkstorm's lens.
Posted by: maczrool

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 23/06/2004 16:32

The caster turned out to be a crook. Sorry. We've lost at least $1000 on this, so that's why I'm stepping down on trying another caster.

Stu
Posted by: Derek

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 26/06/2004 12:06

I'd be interested in a blue set to match my screen too, ta.
Posted by: videogeek

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 26/06/2004 14:54

Count me for one Amber and one Blue - Thx
Posted by: pgrzelak

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 26/06/2004 15:02

Good point.

If anyone is keeping a tally of sets, I would like five (5) sets of each color available. At the moment, I suspect that would be red, amber, green, blue, smoke and maybe clear. Just in case anyone is keeping track. Thanks!

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 26/06/2004 15:06

I'll be tallying these when we are ready to make the decision on colors. Also, yo help us forcast demand, we are using color requests from previous button runs and attempts, as well as the poll over in Projects.

Keep posting your requests here, and keep posting any ideas and information over in the Projects threads. Thanks!
Posted by: Waterman981

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 26/06/2004 21:49

In that case I will be wanting a set of red.
Posted by: speedy67

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 28/06/2004 18:37

Hi, i want 2 sets of any existing color! Keep pushing it...
Clear ones would be cool for UV-LEDs, wouldn't they?

BTW, does smoke match the lens or the color of the VFD through the lens?

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 30/06/2004 00:08

The goal is to have all the buttons match the color of the text on the VFD going THROUGH the lense. This doesn't really include (darkstorm) neon lenses or (Filener) 2piece lenses, who's primary "color" seems to be the lense itself, not the text.

I only have Darkstorm Smoke, so I might have to get a Filener smoke to do some color matching. It'll take some time to match the colors, but we hope they will be a happy medium; matching the lense color in the day but also looking like the VFD text through the lense at night.
Posted by: snoopstah

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 30/06/2004 16:32

I'll have a smoke set! Heck, I'll have any set that you can make - these seem to be the achilles heel of the empeg community!
Posted by: clsmith

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 30/06/2004 18:38

I'm in for a set of smoke, blue and green.
Posted by: mvigneau

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 30/06/2004 18:39

I'll take any colors you can get!!
Posted by: tman

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 30/06/2004 19:28

Uh. Can we keep all the "me too" posts in projects along with the poll? No point posting over here anymore as there are specific threads for buttons. Spreading out the posts will just make it more awkward to collate.
Posted by: wfaulk

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 30/06/2004 19:35

I agree. If you really need to know (and I hate to say this, but) start a new thread with a poll about button colors. The BBS software will allow people to choose multiple options. That way we can get less "me too" spam. K? Thx.

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 03/07/2004 02:55

I'm sorry, I was actually kind of hoping for "'me too' spam". It seems to serve alot of purposes.

I was planning to tally up everyone that wanted buttons when (if?) they are available.
It also helped show the current interest for certain colors.
It helped solicit color matching info (which we could use more of, perhaps).
It's bumping in General will help notify people that buttons are (and better darn well be) coming.
The "in Projects" part of the title lets people know to check there for the details.
The poll stopped when the BBS upgraded (but I never did figure out polls...).

::shrugs:: Sorry, I thought it would be helpful. I've also seen it used in the past and nobody seemed to mind... unless I missed it. Sorry folks.
Posted by: RobotCaleb

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 03/07/2004 04:47

on polls
Posted by: Micman2b

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 03/07/2004 13:09

Me too for blue etc...
Posted by: peakmop

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 05/07/2004 04:14

I like a set of blue as well.
I'm staying away from green and red for I never know when color blindness strikes me.
Posted by: tms13

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 05/07/2004 14:31

I'd like a set - don't mind what colour, really, as long as they match each other.

I've just changed my faceplate from amber to blue, but I don't know what colour I'm most likely to have long-term (maybe smoke would best match the new car, but I'm not planning on buying new lenses in the near future).

A 'variety pack' would be my preference if that's available - 3 or 4 sets, in different colours.
Posted by: Ruffles

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 12/07/2004 19:25

Put me down for a set of smoke. Thanks!

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 21/07/2004 23:16

Hm... what color blue are you all interested in? One that matches Filener's Translucent Blue raised lense? Or a more rich blue like these? Or are there any other ways you can make a reference that I can colormatch from?

I'm trying to get this colormatching info now because casters and molders have asked me for it right at the begining of the process. I'm talking to three different companies now; still early in the process. And darn, there's one RIGHT down the street from me that I want to get to also, but they haven't replied. Heck, I might just stop in.

Thanks all.
Posted by: Mach

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 22/07/2004 04:52

The blue that most people are chasing is the original lens as shown in your link.

You may find these of use depending on what form the color information is requested in.

http://www.greatideasinc.com/pms-pantone-chart.htm

http://noz.day-break.net/webcolor/

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 28/07/2004 02:01

Ugh, SO many casters and molders to contact... so little time. My latest batch of contacts has yeilded 7 interested injection molders so far. Let's see what they quote the project at and hope it's feasible.

Mach, thanks for the color matching info. Yeah, I imagined it was dark blue that everyone was after. Now, I just need an original dark blue lense and some scraps of that color to send away for color matching.

Other than that, things are trucking along quite nicely! Since my early-July contacts to hand-casters only yelided me one (extremely expensive) quote, I pushed the deadline back to October. Keep your fingers crossed!
Posted by: Micman2b

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 28/07/2004 02:16

Thanks for all your hard work!!!!

Sean in NC

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 17/08/2004 22:44

So, how crazy would it be for me to try and track down the original empeg button steel injection molding tool, lost somewhere in England?

First, good news. Things have been moving forward at a very constant pace. Constant e-mailing, frequent phone calls, and now, price quotes. I have finally struck gold by contacting "prototypers" who provide a service somewhere between hand casting (using short-life molds) and injection molding (molds created by machine and parts cast by machine). I'll should have a firm grip on services and prices from this nice middle ground by September 1st.

Then, the crazy news: Though the injecetion molders that I've contacted have been very professional about the job, their price for creating a mold ("tool") is roughly three times what I can afford. For that price, I might as well take a month off work, fly to England, and search for the original tool. So, what about that original tool? I've seen scattered slight references to it through the years on the BBS. Does anyone have any leads on it? Such as:

- Who did the original injection molding.
- Who designed the fascia and buttons (that's on the geek site, right?).
- Who would I have to pay off because they actually own the tool.
- Would copyright laws even allow me to set my hands on it.
- Has the ownership of the tool been lost in all the empeg company changes.

I'd be more than happy to use some of my weekly button project time to chase some international leads on this elusive block of steel. Any hints would be great. Thanks all.

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 17/08/2004 23:35

The tool was a soft tool and is probably worn beyond use. The fascia one is definitely gone. Read this post.
Posted by: JaBZ

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 18/08/2004 02:32

I'd like one set of every colour...
clear
blue (original factory lens matched)
smoke
red
green
Posted by: JaBZ

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 18/08/2004 23:45

So I guess you will be offering each colour as a different set?, Rather than a single set which inlcudes all of the 5?? or so colours?

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 19/08/2004 00:32

tman, thanks, that was exactaly the post I was thinking of. How he mentioned "rusting away" burned into my memory that it may be a steel tool (since I can't imagine urethane or silicone rusting). But oh well, it's probably long gone.

JaBZ, thanks for the reply. Clear isn't totally intended to be one of the five colors, but I'm going to try and have some made if it's not too much more of a cost. The five colors are factory-empeg-lense blue (not the stock one, but their blue replacement), and Filener's flat green, flat red, flat smoke, and raised amber.

Now, to just find enough time at work to make these phone calls to molding shops... It's working out though, no worries!
Posted by: n2toh

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 16/03/2006 02:24

First pardon me for bumping an old thread.

I would be interested in a crystal clear set of buttons and knob.

The reason why is I've seen multicolor leds in small T type packages don't know if there is an SMT version. Using these LEDs would allow software controll of the color selection.
Posted by: SonicSnoop

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 16/03/2006 02:33

Hes got a web site up for you to order the buttons from.. click Buttons up at the top of the page in the Addons section
Posted by: tfabris

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 16/03/2006 04:55

Quote:
Using these LEDs would allow software controll of the color selection.

Are you certain of that? The way the LEDs are wired is very specific, and the way the PIC that controls them is programmed is also very specific and I don't think it can be changed. Just installing some fancy LEDs won't magically give your empeg rainbow buttons.

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 16/03/2006 06:05

Quote:
Quote:
Using these LEDs would allow software control of the color selection.

Are you certain of that? The way the LEDs are wired is very specific, and the way the PIC that controls them is programmed is also very specific and I don't think it can be changed. Just installing some fancy LEDs won't magically give your empeg rainbow buttons.

Admittedly using them is a definite hack, they will not be a direct swap for the currently used LEDs. The ones I've seen use 6 wires to power one red one green and one blue LED dies(the LEDs can be controlled with just 3 wires, and the use of 30AWG fish wire will be needed to connect to the buttons ). A simple implementation would be to use a separate uC with BCD switches to select colors, and an input wire from the current PIC to control the brightness. For all LEDs the same color this can be done with 7 i/o wires for 256 colors, A 6 wire setup for 16 colors using an 8 pin dip uC.

This is if you want all the buttons the same color, with more wires you can make each LED a different color.

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 16/03/2006 14:42

A potential LED selection for the knob can be seen here

EDIT: A better option for the knob and buttons is SUNLEDS they are be far the smallest RGB LEDs I've found to date.

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 16/03/2006 16:06

mlord

If I make the multicolor buttons can you add a little version of Simon says to Hijack?

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 16/03/2006 16:43

Quote:
If I make the multicolor buttons can you add a little version of Simon says to Hijack?

How are you going to connect it to the empeg?

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 16/03/2006 17:35

Quote:
Quote:

How are you going to connect it to the empeg?

I've been giving that some thought and think the IRDA port should work. Ether via IR or soldering directly to the board. (in each case the user can configure the LED controller externally until it's supported by empeg control). I'm open to other ideas for interfacing to the empeg

I've seen reference that the serial irda port in the empeg will do 115.2 Kbs can it go faster even if the IR transceiver doesn't?

I'm trying to put togeather a protcol for talking to the LED controller and would like some input.

The uC and driver will have 4 PWM outputs and 8 select lines meaning it can control a total of 32 LEDs. That will allow an RGB + UV LED for each button and 4 for the knob, each indipendantly controlable.

The v0.000a0 code spec

Each group of 3 LEDs will be addressed by a 24 bit number, in applications with a UV LED 32bits will be used with the UV LED bits at the most significant end.

address 0 is the button at the 12 o clock position.
address 1 is at 3 o clock
address 2 is at 6 o clock
address 3 is a t 9 o clock
addresses 4 thou 7 correspond to the knob in the same fashion.
address 8 sets addresses locations 0 thou 3 to the same value
address 9 sets addresses locations 4 thou 7 to the same value
address a is the global address for all locations.

there will be 16 user definable quick access memories for user preferred colors or modes.
by default address 0 will be a constant color shifting mode that slowly changes the LED thou all possible colors.

example "AaM1 CR" will set all locations to the color contained in memory 1 the update will not take effect until a carage return is sent.
multiple commands are separated by line feeds.

example "AaM1 line feed A0M0 followed by a CR" this will set all locations but the round button to color 1 and the round button to the color shifter.

the controller will allow external applications to read any memory location, and the current color value from any LED.

to be implemented by an external application
a mode for setting user selected colors with the control knob.

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 16/03/2006 19:03

This is an insanely complicated scheme. If I wanted to this then I'd hang a chip off the I2C bus inside the empeg. A user land app to do the controlling as well instead of wedging it into the kernel and wasting memory.
Posted by: andym

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 16/03/2006 19:09

I shouldn't say this, but I'm in an incredibly foul mood right now.... If I had a pound for every person who joined this board, came up with a 'great' idea for empeg hardware and software mods and then delivered sweet FA then I'd have at least a tenner.... and just to stop you moaning I'm actually included in this list as I will never have the time to build my DAB tuner.

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 16/03/2006 19:18

Quote:
This is an insanely complicated scheme. If I wanted to this then I'd hang a chip off the I2C bus inside the empeg. A user land app to do the controlling as well instead of wedging it into the kernel and wasting memory.

I never said anything about the kernel, a userland app is the way to go. The I2C bus you speak of is this the one for the tuner? or is there another one?

andym
Quote:
I shouldn't say this, but I'm in an incredibly foul mood right now.... If I had a pound for every person who joined this board, came up with a 'great' idea for empeg hardware and software mods and then delivered sweet FA then I'd have at least a tenner.... and just to stop you moaning I'm actually included in this list as I will never have the time to build my DAB tuner.

yes I agree but of all the things I've wanted to add this is by far the simplest, and the hardware+firmware is within my ability.

The reason I mentioned IRDA was it would allow me to controll my atmel chip without opening my empeg to change the settings, and maybe allow a userland app to talk to my chip via serial port that never gets used on my player. the I2C buss just allows more options.

If anyone has a better/simpler idea for controlling the atmel I'd like to hear it.

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 16/03/2006 19:34

Quote:
I never said anything about the kernel, a userland app is the way to go.

Thought you meant to have the controlling app when you said:
Quote:

and not literally the Simon game. It'd still have to be part of the userland app anyway.

Quote:
The I2C bus you speak of is this the one for the tuner? or is there another one?

No. There is one inside the empeg that has the DSP on it. There is also a 1-Wire bus in there as well.

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 16/03/2006 19:43

sorry about the confusion, Ok if the I2C bus is easy to get at then it will be used.

another thing I'm pondering is if I should make the 4 RGB LEDs for the knob a single addressable location or seperate.
Posted by: Jemmi

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 16/03/2006 20:25

n2toh perhaps I'm in a foul mood also or just being a bit b*tchy... but for the last few weeks I've read as you dig up all these old threads and say you can do this or that and you know how to do it. Which is fine... but it seems like you've said the same thing about so many things and spread yourself thin. It seems like if you truly can do this magic that you would take ONE thing and bring it to fruition and work from there. Maybe you are trying to cover all bases for the masterpiece of a redesign you have planned... I have no clue. I know I've read everything from rainbow lights with one controller to USB master with another controller and a Serial hard drive controller and it seems by the time you do all of this, call it a PC and play Doom or whatever on it.

I'm a mechanical engineer and my skills are VERY limited in the electrical realm. And I've been known to dream of some crazy things, but generally I can do a small cost and feasibility study to figure out if any of them are worth pursuing. If one is, I devote all of my energy into it and COMPLETE it... I don't keep spending every day dreaming of some new crazy possibility to keep me from ever finishing ONE of them... I fear that maybe reality hasn't hit you yet in that you have mentioned 10 projets on here and you claim to be able to handle hardware and software for both... I have no reason to doubt you... but once it'd be nice to FINISH one of your ideas and not to keep dreaming up the next... if you never start then it definitely never gets finished.

Wasn't trying to be harsh, it's just that some of this has been so outlandish that I just shake my head and wonder why? I think maybe I've worked for you in a company that went out of business because they spent all of the time coming up with the product but never developing it...

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 16/03/2006 20:44

you are 100% correct.

This project is by far the simplest, and is the one I'm going to devote my time to.
Posted by: Snowshoe

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 16/03/2006 23:47

Firstly if it can be done I'd probably do it to mine, just bc I like to do things to it. Funny as it sounds I like using a magnifying glass to solder hair thickness wires & grains of filtered sand components.
Quote:
I'm pondering is if I should make the 4 RGB LEDs for the knob a single addressable location or seperate

Personally speaking a single location would be just fine, no reason to make it more complicated than it already sounds.
Posted by: genixia

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 17/03/2006 00:07

Oh, you've got to make them separate. We could have funky circular effects then!

I thought about doing something like this a couple of years back, but never got time to get past the dreaming about it stage. Those tiny leds weren't available then either,

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 17/03/2006 00:33

Quote:
Oh, you've got to make them separate. We could have funky circular effects then!

I thought about doing something like this a couple of years back, but never got time to get past the dreaming about it stage. Those tiny leds weren't available then either,

yea I thought so... I'll wire them so they can be individually addressed, but treat them as one for now.

A few years ago I considered making a color based 4x4 keypad for a security app, but at that time RGB LEDs were only sold in 5mm T1 3/4 packages and I was unwilling to shell out the money for tooling to make lite piped push button keys.

from my perspective the expensive part of this project (the crystal buttons) is already done.

NOTE: I'm writing code for this in another window as I type this. first step is to test with a bicolor LED as I have them in stock.

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 17/03/2006 01:29

n2toh, welcome back to the boards. I've enjoyed reading your recent flood of empeg ideas. You never know when one of those ideas will catch on and become reality.

I know nothing about electrical engineering and next to nothing about empeg coding. So, I'll just cheer you on and hope that you get something worked out. Good luck.

Haha, Simon on the empeg, using the default beeps as tones. I'd probably shatter my display board from over reacting and slamming the buttons too wildly.

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 17/03/2006 18:14

Is there anything in the empeg that can be used as an SPI interface?

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 17/03/2006 19:06

Quote:

Nope. All the GPIOs are used. Disconnecting them would mean you lose functionality.

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 17/03/2006 23:32

Quote:
Quote:

Nope. All the GPIOs are used. Disconnecting them would mean you lose functionality.

OK thank you

I'll have to find a work around to implement ISP ability.

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 18/03/2006 19:08

Update on the RGB+UV buttons project.

I'm doing a bit of research on how to implement the LED drivers, This is what I have so far.

possible solutions for driving the LEDs required.

1. a TI TLC5940 or TLC5941(this 12 bit PWM allows the most control over each LED, but uses an SPI interface)
2. a Philips PCA9532 (only 8 bit PWM and it has an i2c interface.)
3. a Maxim MAX6964 (only 8 bit PWM and worse the top 4 bits are global to all LEDs, but also has an i2c interface.)
4. use an ATMEL uC (this requires coding and debugging and is limited to 10 bit PWM on most chips.)
5. a Philips PCA9533; 4-bit I²C LED dimmer (this is only a 4 channel driver)

solution 1 requires a chip to convert i2c to SPI.
solutions 1,2,3 require two chips to control 32 LEDs, omitting the UV LEDs would allow a single chip solution and the knob to be controlled as a single location.

solution 4 may be done with one chip, but a two chip solution solves the ISP problem.
solution 5 would control all locations at once, also like colors need to be wired in series.)
Posted by: mlord

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 18/03/2006 19:39

I wonder if any of the Ring'O'Lights technology would be useful here. Does anyone know how how those are normally driven?

-ml

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 18/03/2006 20:12

Quote:
I wonder if any of the Ring'O'Lights technology would be useful here. Does anyone know how how those are normally driven?

-ml

I see what you mean neat pic I'm guessing the ring is only on the MK2a?

I also found some chips that may allow the LEDs to be operated from the 1 wire bus, but you would need 3 of them per RGB LED plus some other parts. EDIT: the DS2890 is no bargain at $2.07 each in quantity of 240 from Digi key.

a few ideas for the LED configurations the first example uses two driver chips, and the second only one.

PWM channel 00 top button red
PWM channel 01 top button green
PWM channel 02 top button blue
PWM channel 03 right button red
PWM channel 04 right button green
PWM channel 05 right button blue
PWM channel 06 down button red
PWM channel 07 down button green
PWM channel 08 down button blue
PWM channel 09 left button red
PWM channel 10 left button green
PWM channel 11 left button blue
PWM channel 12 top button ultraviolet or knob red
PWM channel 13 right button ultraviolet or knob green
PWM channel 14 down button ultraviolet or knob blue
PWM channel 15 left button ultraviolet or global 4th color or the unused pin can be used as a generial I\O pin.

Re: The translucent button effort - in Projects - 21/03/2006 19:11

What are the available addresses on the I2C bus in the empeg?