In reply to:

I don't necessarily want the code open-sourced, but if you have people who are saying "give me the work, I'll do it for free", and they're willing to sign the necessary paperwork so that you can give them the source code legally and still within your closed-source business model, then you frankly have to be an idiot NOT to let someone take things off your plate.

I don't know. I've been in the software development business long enough to know that this is often not "good business" sense. And go to just about any other software development company out there. They'll say the same thing. That's not how businesses work. Yes, they like they're customers, but in a world with billions of people, it is accepted that you can't make EVERYONE happy, and that sometimes other things are more important.

They are running the show as a business. There are other things they have to take into account. Let them run the show they want to run it. They've given their answer, and I think it's safe to say that nothing will change their minds. Constant nagging will probably change their minds.... but in a negative way!

I for one am very excited about the empeg. This may sound mean, but I don't want people in the minority whining to the point where it may ruin my experience (or potential thereof). This is truely a remarkable product. They may not have all the bases covered, but they also don't have the long-life business experience to cover all the bases anyway (economically speaking).

Kureg