"give us what's there, as-is"... that requires NO extra effort other than the act of creating a tarball

It's now pretty obvious you have not been reading the posts related to this issue around this BBS; Mike, Hugo and Rob have all stated at various times that the existing sources are closely coupled to protected proprietary sources, including class libs within the player source, which they cannot release due to NDA agreements with their OEM clients. They will not release the player under any open source license (as you should quite clearly remember, given it was you who started a similar pressure thread to release the player source last year), so how can they possibly release close-coupled class sources before they have been detached? Since they do not have the man power to do this, and are balancing their development resources (even taking on extra people to do this better) then there is nothing more to be done than just wait, and be patient.

This is just commercial reality, and I fail to see why you cannot see/understand this.

I personally regard this waiting-for-food approach as half the fun of the empeg - I see it as a long term hobby with a continuous feed of changes to keep it interesting over the next few years, not just this week. Much better than a fire-hose blast in the mouth of everything at once leaving you with nothing more to come and a hangover.

If you are so desperate, why don't you use the GNU librarian to unpick the Linux binary into seperate objects, then diss them to carry out an analysis of the code? Given the source was compiled under GNU, the compiler and library version numbers will be embedded in the binary, and that there are several re-constructor utilities such as ReWorkz that will let you get some thing close to the original source code (with some errors, admittedly), surely this will give you something interesting to do at the weekends?

One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015
One of the few remaining Mk1 owners... #00015