I agree, however it would be a nice to have if hijack could output a XML formatted file of the current playlist(s)/tunes - simply add a different file type following the ? in the URL e.g. instead of ?.html use ?.xml and (once support is there) - Marks Kernel can output a simple [but Valid] XML file instead of the HTML he does now.
The XML contains the same info, except its XML not html.

If folks want to do clever stuff Client-side then they can - use the XML request and resultant file, rather than the .html request.

That way we obviate the need to have a full XML parser in the hijack kernel while still giving client-side folks who do want XML a quick and relatively easy fix.

I am sure Mark can output a simple XML file for most of the playlists/tunelists instead of the HTML he does now without much code change.

I think if I had a XML stream of playlist/tune info then I for one would be able to do the client side in Windows/IE, so could others.
Other platforms client-side issues would have to be handled by others who are working on these platforms.

However this would be a 85% or better solution I think.