Perhaps I'll move Hijack into the 2.4.xx kernel stream someday.. gotta get the latest patches from the Rio folks for that, though.

Although the HSX-109 uses 2.4 (and uses ReiserFS for its music partitions, for those of you who haven't put two and two together yet), we haven't yet written 2.4 drivers for all the car player hardware.

I think I got ReiserFS working on a car player out of that 2.2 kernel code, but I'm not sure. It certainly involved a lot of faffing about making sure that structures were aligned, added up to the right size, etc. on non-x86 architectures.

Peter

EDIT No, hang on, I didn't. I remember now. I eventually got ReiserFS working on a later 2.2.17 kernel, by tremendous amounts of de-x86isation, but that binary (and thus that source) was never released. I don't think I've even still got a copy: once we decided to move to 2.4 for the HSX, it was obsolete. So anyone trying to build the 2.2.14 Reiser code and having it work, is hosed. Possibly even S.O.L. (question to Americans: what does S.O.L. means?)

Edited by peter (09/01/2002 11:40)