I have SIGNIFICANT doubt that there was anything but a laissez-faire attitude towards customer complaints on the topic

No, the attitude toward customer complaints has not been laissez-faire - at least, not within the car player team. When a new complaint arrives, someone in customer support yells at me (for old times sake). I have no authority so I yell at the automotive product line manager. He yells at anyone he can think of within operations. Lots of yelling happens, but no tuners arrive. I have, however, received emails from at least four people within SONICblue who do not have the responsibility to send the them. Perhaps when I've heard from everyone in the organisation who's job is not to send tuners to Cambridge, I will be able to deduce who's job it is to send them.

You think you're frustrated at seeing no sign of them? I know where they are physically stacked, fully packaged and ready to be shipped. I thought they HAD been shipped. THAT is frustration.

I would think that, by your participating, I AM talking to SONICblue

No, you're not talking to SONICblue. This has never been an official BBS, and nobody who could do anything to speed up the shipment of tuners visits here. If it starts to be perceived that posts from employees are official line, I'll have to stop posting for as long as I'm employed by SONICblue.

Although I don't give a toss about customers, and am probably laughing at you right now while I party in Hawaii with the rest of the empeg team, I have none the less shipped a tuner module to your home address.

There's no point anyone else yelling at me with the expectation of getting a tuner, since this is the only one in the office. It may not seem fair that Derek gets one, but don't worry, I've activated the special mode which causes it to receive only Rush Limbaugh and country music.

And, of course, they get away with it, because the product itself is so good

Nice of you to say so.

Rob