I have to say I agree with you. We've been waiting for our promised tuners (due in about "three months" as the original story went, now stretching into 15 months) for quite a long time. The first box - FIRST box - of tuners that came off the line should have gone to honor their long-overdue commitment.

In retrospect, I probably would have held off on my Mk. II purchase, because the price of HDD's drops exponentially, and by the time I could actually buy a Mk. II with tuner (14 months later!!!, the price would probably be BELOW what I paid in the upgrade program, and I'd get the tuner, which was actually one of the main reasons for my upgrade (because the Mk.I tuner sucked and wouldn't pick up my favorite morning-drive radio show).

And the bottom line is that Empeg, on this topic, has consistently had a "we don't care" attitude. While they may excel in many areas of customer service and product design, the way they handled this (and indeed continue to handle it) is just completely atrocious. Lots of apologies, no offers of trying to come up with ways to make it up to the people they'd screwed out of the ability to listen to the radio for over a year.

And the worst part about it is that the REASON they haven't done it is because they know we're all geeks, and we're hooked on the "coolness factor" and aren't going to return our units for the full refund we could legally obtain, even today.

Personally, I think since we didn't get what we paid for for FOURTEEN MONTHS that there should be some cash-compensation involved here. SOMETHING to have made "putting up with this endless stream of excuses" worth it.

D
One pissed off Empeg owner