I have scanned into my computer a 170 page document. I saved it as a PDF file, then used Adobe Acrobat to save the PDF file as a Microsoft Word document (not too successfully, it saved a blank page between each "real" page but that could be fixed easily enough I guess) and also as a multi-page TIF file.

It is the TIF file I am most interested in. The original document was about a 4th generation copy with pages mis-aligned (I straightened them with the scanner software) and lots of noise and lack of contrast. Some pages were written on. If I could edit each page as a graphic, I could improve the look enormously.

I have only a few graphic editing tools at my disposal: MS Paint, Paint.Net, and Photoshop Elements. Paint.Net is my tool of choice. However, none of these tools will allow me to see and edit any but the first of the 170 pages.

Am I overlooking something obvious here, or do I need different tools?

tanstaafl.

edit: I tried saving the PDF file as a .PNG file, and that saved the document as 170 separate files. That means I can edit each page individually, but is there any way to concatenate them all back together as a single document when the edits are done? I don't relish trying to print 170 separate files on 85 double-sided pages.