Ok,one of the things I was planning to do is bulb-photography. I tried with mixed fortune last summer, including pictures at night sky, and now I'm also considering some remote shutter control for a 7D (yes, I decided to go with the 7D smile ).

I've been looking around but I was not successful in forming a clear opinion. What I want to do is simple:
1. Click on the remote so that the shutter opens while camera is perfectly still;
2. Possibly, leave the shutter open without having to keep my finger on the remote button;
3. Push the remote button to eventually close the shutter when I want.

What would you recommend? Wired or wireless? Canon originals (RS-80N3 seems to do all I want and it is wired, for example, but I have no particular preference over it) or other recommended brands and models? Would it make sense to look for some more features other than the ones above that may result useful?

Remotes I found range from 3 Euros wireless "empeg-style" to 180 Euros by Canon. I suppose my needs are quite basic, but I don't mind spending more and avoid that the remote breaks in my hands or the first time it drops on the floor.
MK2a #040103216 * 100Gb *All/Colors* Radio * 3.0a11 * Hijack = taympeg