Originally Posted By: andy
I'm not sure I get the whole Zune/XBox UI thing, particularly the bit where the title at the top of the page gets cut off and all this menus where you can't see all of the items on them without scrolling.

With the former point, I assume you're talking about what you see in this image. If so, you really do get used to it, mostly because the transitions are as smooth as can be. Essentially, in every part of the UI, the very top of the screen has become the back button, but it's a back button with a little context and design aesthetic. It did take me a little getting used to visually, but I like it now.

As for your second point, I'm not entirely certain what you mean, but I do have an issue with how my Zune handles long text. Well, essentially it doesn't handle it. The text just goes off the edge of the screen and there's not a damn thing you can do about it.

This is absolutely the most annoying when it comes to podcasts. For example, I listen to Buzz Out Loud from CNet. When I go into my list of episodes, I'll usually have two or three of them backed up. But it's hard to know which is which, as they all look the same because the episode number is cut off. Fortunately you can set up the Zune software to play your podcasts in both chronological orders (oldest or newest first), but it's still very annoying, and I can see it being more of an issue if you have some important information that you need to see on the phone version.