Quote:
I think I still have negatives for everything I've ever shot on film, but I know for a fact my parents have very few negatives for their oldest prints. This might be something worth pooling up content within the family and then getting it all done at once for a bit of a discount.

I have a related dilemma. From my parents marriage through my early childhood, my dad shot everything on 35mm slides (momma don't take my Kodachrome away) which he had scanned and which I now have digitally. Starting around when I turned 21, I had everything I shot converted to PhotoCD, and I've loaded all those in, cleaned them up with some Photoshop actions, and those are now part of my digital collection as well. By the time I turned 30, I had a digital camera, and of course all of those pictures are also online.

What's left? Pretty much high school and college. In high school, I was Mr. Yearbook and Newspaper Photographer, and I've got four binders full of black & white negatives and a handful of color negatives. In college, I hardly touched my camera, so there isn't much more beyond that. So what am I supposed to do with all these damn negatives? The black & white stuff should happily outlast me (assuming I didn't screw up the processing), and most of it is stuff that I don't really care about any more (e.g., high school football games). It's hard to justify the expense of scanning it, but it's weird to have this photographic "hole" in my life.

Thoughts?