Quote:
If we could only transfer shows between units, I'd be sold. I use that feature on my DirecTivos daily. I could live without extraction to burn to DVD.

I'm glad to hear it's so useful. You can do that with one of the FIOS boxes, and I'm looking forward to it.

So has anyone been affected by the Tivo season pass problem? I noticed it on mine and thought it was a fluke, but Engadget posted a story on it yesterday so it sounds like it's happening to a lot of people.

In case you're not familiar, basically I have a couple season passes that are simply not being recorded. I watch Pardon the Interruption on ESPN, and at one point the season pass thought that there were zero upcoming episodes (new or repeated), even though there are at least two a day, with one new a day. I deleted the pass and readded it, but it was still there. I went into the guide, and it was listed. I went into the To do list to see the recording history, and it says that the show wasn't recorded and gives a reason that goes something like "Someone in your household modified the season pass." It's very annoying, and basically undermines the entire purpose of a DVR.

*edit*
Here's the story.

Edited by Dignan (17/01/2007 19:25)