Quote:

Well, I didn't pay it much mind while I was putting it into my drive for ripping and encoding so I could play it on the Empeg. It's a good sized seal on the CD , and under it "FBI Anti-Piracy Warning: Unauthorized copying is punishable under federal law."

Nor should you pay any mind to it - What you did (ripping) is still considered fair use and is perfectly legal. I say "still" only because DRM will take a lot (if not all) of that away.

As for the other responses of "Oh, the RIAA is just to big" and that they wouldn't notice us anyway...

Wow. What a statement.

BTW, I do support artists who publish outside the RIAA and methods for new content distribution. (If I could just find some good ones... let's face it - a lot of the major offerings are a pain because of the limitations.) In the meantime, I just don't buy new music. I listen to the radio or some of the online streams. I make note of what songs I like... and keep tabs.

Keep in mind, if the RIAA has it's way (you should look into the Induce Act - http://www.eff.org ) fair use will go by-by.

THAT's something to get in a huff about.

-Ben

p.s. I did write my congressmen/women... in some cases, a couple of times. Very irritating. I won't get started on that now... you can tell some of them have been bought off already.