Quote:
Because the only way I'd be able to do that, yet still hear all the music I want to hear, would be to steal it. And I'm not interested in doing that.

How about instead of not stealing it... just not buying it. Put on your website that you won't buy until they stop. By continuing to purchase, you're still funding the cause no matter how much you may not condone it.

Quote:
Partly because I want to support the artists themselves (in whatever small way they get supported by CD purchases), and partly because pirated MP3s usually have lousy quality control.

Ditto on supporting the artists. But I'd rather send them a check (if I even could) directly then have the majority of that CD purchase going towards legal funding in the suits against minors.

Quote:
The RIAA is pretty much a monopoly at this point. So trying to boycott them would be like trying to boycott your local electric power company. Sure you can do it, but you'd have to be OK with being cold, dark, and lonely...

Er, not quite the same. No electric, no heat/light/entertainment. The power companies are *regulated* monopolies. The RIAA isn't. There is a difference.

No CD's... well, there's still Radio, your current collection... Hanging at establishments that play music, free MP3 sites... etc...

Not buying a CD doesn't mean you'll never year music again.

But it will send a message to the people on high (or maybe "who are high") at the RIAA.