Quote:
But it will send a message to the people on high (or maybe "who are high") at the RIAA.

Is your name Don Quixote?

The people on high aren't going to notice, and, to be honest, it's more important for me to listen to good music than to screw the RIAA, bastards that they are. If everyone on this BBS boycotted, they still wouldn't notice.

Your cause is noble, but you have to face the reality that the RIAA has us by the balls, they have the artists we want to hear, and we have to find ways to deal with them. My way of dealing with them involves returning copy protected CDs, buying online from allofmp3.com for marginal music that I don't feel is worth $12/CD, and, other more practical methods that still allow me to enjoy my music. I suggest you focus your energy on steps that will actually produce results, man. Write congressmen, support new distribution methods that give the consumer flexibility, and support artists that do their own releases on websites and outside the RIAA's vise-grips. But don't "boycott" them, you're wasting your time.