Quote:
During this surgery, a nerve was pinched meaning that she now has constant pain, and will have it for the rest of her life.

So let me get this straight. She went to have this surgery because she had a bad back. Usually the only real adverse symptom of a bad back is pain. So she went to have surgery to get rid of pain. In the course of that surgery, she was left with (apparently debilitating) pain for the rest of her life.

That sounds like a failed surgery to me.

Is there no way they can correct that problem? I mean, if I closed up a PC case on a cable, I'd open it back up and move the cable out of the way, not let it sit in there until it caused a short. I realize that surgery, especially back surgery, is a big deal, and she might have to recover before undertaking it again, but still. It seems like there ought to be a fix. If not, and I'm not a litigious person by nature, I hope that surgeon got his ass sued off.

On the other hand, I feel for you and your wife. My wife has a multitude of illnesses and all the medications she takes make her feel terrible. Of course, it's better than the terrible she feels without the medicine. I hope something can be done. It sounds like the doctor's shaping up a little. I hope it's not just to avoid a lawsuit.